If you have multiple email addresses then it helps if you have one location where you can check and send emails from. This can be easily set up in any email client or even using your gmail account. Here’s how to add a new email to your gmail so you can send and receive emails.
What you need
To get started you’ll need the following details:
- Email address
- pop server name
- smtp server name
Setting up Pop3 so Gmail can check the account for emails
- Login into Gmail and click the cog icon in the top right corner to select “settings”
- Click “account and import” from the top menu bar
- In there you’ll find a section called “Check mail from other accounts (using pop3)”. Click “Add a POP3 mail account you own”. This will open a new window.
- Enter your email address and click “Next Step”
- Enter your username (normally this is your full email address again)
- Enter your password for the email account you are adding
- Enter the POP server name.
- You can also select additional options here but we’re going to go with the defaults so click “Add Account”
- That’s it. Normally gmail will now ask you if you would like to be able to send emails using the account. If it does, click “Next Step” and proceed from step 2 below. If it doesn’t then just follow all steps below.
Setting up your Gmail to send from another email
- Begin by going to your gmail settings again, select “Accounts and Import” and look for the section called “Send mail as:”. Click “Add another email address you own. This will open a new window.
- Enter a name for the email account, you can name it what you like but his will appear with the emails you send.
- enter the email address and click “Next Step”
- Enter the smtp server
- Enter the username, normally the full email address of the account you are adding.
- Enter the password for the email account you are adding.
- The other options can remain as the default. Click “add account”
- Once the username/password is confirmed, Gmail will send a confirmation email to the email account you are trying to add. This is to confirm you are who you say you are and you have access to that account. Check the email account for the confirmation code. It will be a link in the email from Gmail. Click it to confirm. Once you do that you’re set up.
- Now when you go to compose a new email in gmail you will have a drop down menu beside “From” which contains all accounts you can send emails from.
And that’s it. You have successfully added another email account to your gamil and you can now send and receive all emails from your gmail account.